Pages

Sunday, April 1, 2018

How to use Find My Device for an Android device

Find My Device

Find My Device is a very useful service offered on Android devices. It provides users with the abilities to locate, track, lock and erase a device remotely. Stolen or misplaced devices can be located and tracked. Devices carrying sensitive data can be remotely locked or even permanently erased to protect the data.

To use Find My Device, it is necessary that the user has logged in to the device using a Google account and also enabled Find My Device on it.

How to enable Find My Device

  1. Search for google.com/settings on your browser.

Open Google.com/settings

  1. Sign in to your Google account and verify that the visibility option for your device is checked.

Click on checked Box

  1. Then make sure the Location setting on your Android device is enabled. For this first tap on the Settings app on the device.

Click on Settings on the device

  1. In the Connection settings enable the Location option.

On Location Option

Once your device’s visibility and location settings are enabled, you can start using Find My Device for it.

How to locate a device using Find My Device

  1. Go to the website address https://www.google.com/android/find on any browser.

Search Find My Device

Open link https://www.google.com/android/find

  1. Once you log in with your Google account credentials, you will see your android device(s) connected to this account.

Click On Your Android Device

  1. The large green dot with a rectangle shows the exact location of your device on a map.

Show Device on Google

How to make your device play a sound using Find My Device

To locate your device, you can make it play a sound using Find My Device. This can be done even if the device is on silent.

  1. Click on the Play Sound

Click on the Play Sound

  1. Once the device starts ringing you can either spot it and use its Home button to stop the ringing or you can use the green Stop Ringing button on the Find My Device interface. Else the device will play the sound for 5 minutes.

Click on Stop Ringing

How to lock a device using Find My Device

  1. Click on the Lock option on the Find My Device interface.

Lock Your Device

  1. When you choose to remotely lock your device, you can leave a phone number or message that appears on the screen in case someone finds it. This is optional.

Finally, hit the Lock button!

Type your recovery message

How to erase a device using Find My Device?

  1. Click on the Erase option on the Find My Device interface.

Click on the Erase option

  1. You will see warning messages about erasing data from the device. Once the data is erased remotely there is no way of recovering it.

If you are still positive about wanting to permanently erase the device, hit the green Erase button.

Click on Erase

If you found this article helpful would you please leave us a comment below to let us know. If there is a specific article or guide you’d like us to write please email us or leave a comment below. Click here to view our phone chargers

The post How to use Find My Device for an Android device appeared first on Campad Electronics Blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment